Customer Service Representative - Remote Position
Who We Are
Cables & Sensors is a highly efficient, fast-growing company that manufactures and distributes patient monitor accessories for the medical industry in the US and Europe. We are a small company that has been awarded the prestigious Inc 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, ranking at number 377 in 2015. We are a group of growing, smart perfectionists who love what we do and are proud of being different from other companies in our industry. We are a high-tech company with a distributed workforce. This allows us to work remotely and enjoy control over our time. Because we have built an incredibly efficient and organized business, we are very selective about who we hire. If you make it in, we promise you will love working with us.
Are you keenly familiar with going above and beyond for a client and do whatever it takes to deliver world-class service? If so, this job is for you. This position will be part of our customer-facing service and support team; the ultimate goal for this position is to continue strengthening the experience customers have when interacting with Cables and Sensors. We expect every contact a customer makes with our company to be outstanding, and significantly above industry standards. Strong customer service skills and a radiantly positive disposition will help us to retain customers with an experience that sets us apart and keeps them loving us.
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests.
- Processes customer orders/changes/returns according to established department procedures.
- Works closely with the credit department to resolve disputed credit items.
- Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Partners with the sales team to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- Maintains and updates company process documentation.
- Outstanding customer focus, capability to provide experiences to customers that are beyond the industry average.
- Problem solving and analysis, be able to resolve minor problems and make the appropriate decisions to make things right for the customer. Be able to identify between a minor and major problem.
- Time management, capability to be efficient with time, dedicate efforts where they matter.
- Multi-tasking, be capable of managing multiple calls, emails and an onslaught of information during times when pressure increases and be able to manage them calmly and error-free.
- Communication proficiency, great communication skills both verbally on the phone and in writing by email. Demonstrate a high attention for detail in grammar and spelling.
- Teamwork orientation, capable of working with a remote team, being involved and enjoying a friendly and warm work environment.
- Technical capacity, fluent with use of online tools, desktop software and mobile apps.
- Capacity to make decisions, being able to make decisions when assisting a customer, being able to identify when to request assistance from a supervisor vs. being able to make a self-made decision.
This position looks to quickly move into a management role for a small team of customer service representatives, if this candidate demonstrates the outstanding capabilities in the job, supervisory responsibilities may be required.
This job is a remote position. All office and computer equipment required to perform its duties will be provided by C&S. A dedicated, private, quiet location with a strong wired internet connection at home will be required for this position. Background noises should be strictly monitored as a professional environment must be communicated over the phone.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9AM to 5:45PM EST if you are located on the East Coast, 8AM to 4PM on the West Coast.
Minimal travel is expected for this position. Typically, our team meets once or twice per year in Florida for team meetings, these trips or other training-related travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
- 3 + years experience with customer service is required.
- Strong experience in environments where multi-tasking is required
- Experience following and executing complex and detailed procedures
- Background in data entry/management
- Proven attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, emphasis in the use of online tools (Salesforce or others, for example), Excel and Outlook
- Strong grammar and typing skills
- Excellent time management with little to no supervision
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in healthcare, or better, medical parts
- Experience with CSR teams
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Because C&S is a small, growing company, it will be expected, from time to time, for every position in the company to perform tasks that are beyond their job description.
Position Reports to
Michelle Pignaloso, Sales Manager
Submit your resume to
It is the policy of Cables & Sensors to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Really, we mean it. This position is exempt per the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).